Public shooting range
NOTICE: Due to construction, the North Metro Range will be closed for public shooting beginning December 19, 2021, and will remain closed for most of 2022. Updates will be shared on the website and Facebook.
The North Metro Regional Public Safety Training Facility provides a safe, clean-air, affordable shooting environment that is open to the general public. Features include:
- 12 indoor climate-controlled 40-yard lanes
- Conference rooms available for training or meetings
- Ear and eye protection rentals available
- Experienced range officers always on staff
- Handguns and rifles allowed for range use
- League shooting and clubs welcome
- No-haze, 100% outside air exchange system
- Targets available for purchase
- Touch screen technology in every lane
Single lane rental: $18 for one person for 45 minutes and $29 for two people for 60 minutes
Ear and eye protection rental: $1 per item
Target purchase: $1 per target
Large conference room rental: $150 per day
Comfortably seats 40 people. Configured with overhead projection, whiteboard, sound equipment and Wi-Fi.
Small conference room rental: $75 per day
Comfortably seats 20 people. Configured with a whiteboard and large screen.
For the safety of guests and staff, safety rules must be followed at all times. View a complete list of range safety rules. A liability waiver must also be signed.
- All guests between the ages of 12 and 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. No children under the age of 12 allowed on the range.
- All guns must be cased or holstered.
- Closed-toe shoes only.
- No tracer, armor-piercing, or steel core ammo may be used.
The North Metro Regional Public Safety Training Facility is rented for training courses provided by certified training professionals from several Twin Cities firearm training companies. For class schedules and details, please contact these individuals directly.