The City of Maple Grove requires a license for tree care work in the city. Please follow these guidelines to complete the application process:
- Fill out and submit the application form (PDF).
- Pay the application fee of $50 (payable to City of Maple Grove).
- File with the city a Minnesota insurance certificate. City ordinance requires a 30-day cancellation notice on all certificates of insurance (PDF).
- Display a sticker on the upper half of the driver's side door on each vehicle used in tree care. Stickers are provided when license is issued.
- Renew annually by February 1 (application and fee).
- If using chemicals, attach a copy of each individual's Minnesota Department of Agriculture commercial pesticide applicator's certification.
- Companies that apply chemicals are required to employ or contract with an individual who possesses current certification as an arborist from the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) or holds a post-secondary degree in urban forestry, arboriculture, or an equivalent area of study from an accredited institution of higher learning).
Application, payment, certificate of insurance and any other documents may be mailed to:
City of Maple Grove
ATTN: Engineering Department
12800 Arbor Lakes Parkway
Maple Grove, MN 55369