Water efficiency rebate program
Starting, July 1, 2022, the city is implementing a program that offers Maple Grove property owners the opportunity reduce their water bill. Those who replace their current irrigation system with WaterSense® certified smart controllers and spray sprinkler bodies, can apply to receive a rebate for up to $250 for each property.
All eligible replacement equipment and devices can be viewed on the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) website. Pre-approved controllers and sprinklers must also include a WaterSense® label.
The program is a win-win as the city promotes and improves irrigation water efficiency, and property owners reduce their water usage.
Rebate program guidelines
- Replacement/upgrade of existing products only. New installations will not be approved.
- Rebates are only for system controller and spray sprinkler body replacement/upgrades. Limit of one controller and 20 spray sprinkler bodies per utility account.
- Rebates are for 75% of pre-tax cost up to $250 per valid utility account number. If both smart controller and spray sprinkler bodies are installed, you can apply for a rebate for the two items. The combination of qualified equipment must be made at the same time under the same application.
- Property must be located in the City of Maple Grove and served by the city’s public water system.
- Applicant must provide valid utility account number. Delinquent water/sewer utility accounts are ineligible.
- Rebates are first come, first-serve and limited to one per utility account. Approved rebates are paid as credit on a future water bill.
- Purchase of eligible device replacement and installation was on or after January 1, 2022.
- The City of Maple Grove is not responsible for product performance or water savings and provides no warranty or guarantee.
- The City of Maple Grove reserves the right to discontinue the rebate program at any time without notice if funding is depleted.
Everyone must continue following city’s current irrigation watering restrictions:
- Odd/even watering schedule
- No watering between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
How to apply
- Purchase and install WaterSense® certified smart controllers and/or spray sprinkler bodies.
- Save the receipts and product packaging.
- Take photo(s) of installed product(s).
- Complete the online water efficiency rebate application. You will be required to upload the following:
- City staff will review the application and notify the property owner via email if it has been approved or denied. If approved, the utility account will be credited in the amount of the approved rebate. Depending on the amount of the rebate, credit may be applied over more than one billing cycle.
If you have questions, email the Maple Grove Public Works Department or call 763-494-6370.
Resources from the EPA website
Funding for the water efficiency rebate program is provided by the following partners: