Maple Grove Transit overview
- The City of Maple Grove established Maple Grove Transit (MGT) in June 1990 and currently offers the the Express and My Ride service.
- The city’s transit administrator conducts operations oversight, transit planning, facility management, administration, customer service, and marketing. MGT has a Transit Commission to provide user input into the operation and planning of the system.
- The annual operating budget is $5.73 million, and the primary funding source is the State of Minnesota’s motor vehicle sales tax revenue.
- Since its inception in 1990, Maple Grove Transit has provided nearly 17 million rides.
- Riders cite the following reasons why they use Maple Grove Transit: frequent and convenient service, faster commute than driving, hassle free commute, economical, environmentally friendly, Guaranteed Ride Home program, and great customer service.
- This service offers commuter trips to and from Minneapolis. The Express rider guide provides details about riding these buses including route numbers, trip schedule, and service map.
- The Express service utilizes two transit stations as its primary park-and-ride lots:
- Maple Grove Transit Station on the Route 781 has a three-level, 926-stall parking ramp and an indoor, climate-controlled waiting area.
- Parkway Station on the Route 785 has an 800-stall parking ramp with an indoor station.
- The fleet consists of eleven 66-passenger articulated buses, twenty 45-passenger coach buses, and eight 38-passenger standard transit buses. All buses have free Wi Fi service.
- Maple Grove follows the regional fixed route fare structure. Peak express bus trips are $3.25. Maple Grove accepts all Metro Passes, GoTo Card, and U Passes, which are available online or at the Maple Grove Cub Foods. Mobile fares are available through the Metro Transit app.
My Ride service
- The advance reservation, shared-ride, curb-to-curb service is available to the general public:
- Weekdays: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The service area is within the City of Maple Grove boundaries plus service to:
- City of Osseo
- City of Brooklyn Park
- City of Brooklyn Center
- Robbinsdale Transit Center
- Crystal Shopping Center
- Plymouth Transit Center on Hwy 55
- West Health Campus (Plymouth)
- CROSS Services (Rogers)
Either the trip origin or destination must include a location within the City of Maple Grove.
- The cash fare is $3 per one-way ride or $20 when using the 10-ride ticket or mobile pass. There are nine small vehicles used in this service. Mobile apps are available to book, manage, and pay for rides.